Friday, June 17, 2011

Jason paints a shelf/dresser....you decide

 

Hey there….

So this morning started off great.  I went to the pool.  It was really crowded and I had to share a lane with an old man.  He was wearing bright blue flippers.  Precious. 

Then I got home and took in the beautiful sight of my husband and my baby cuddled up together catching a few last winks before work.  Even more precious.

Speaking of my husband, he's just a super guy.  Today I want to share with you something pretty awesome he did for me.

So if you know me at all, you know that I just LOVE, can't get enough of, garage sales and thrift stores.  It's in the blood.  I firmly believe my mom passed that right on down to me, thanks mom!  At this exact moment that mother of mine is Madison, hitting up the sales in hot pursuit of some good deals.  I'm not jealous or anything.  Just saying.

Anyways, a few months ago, mom and aunt Nan (the word is BARGAIN QUEEN, look it up) found me this awesome shelf/dresser.  Not really sure how to categorize it.  It has five drawers so that qualifies it as a dresser, but I think it's more of a kitchen piece so maybe a shelf?  Well, it was mega ugly and in need of a fresh coat of paint, but definitely held potential. 

Oh yuck...sad dresser with your ugly out-dated handles....if you look closely you can see that Kole hates it too

I think from there it sat in mom's garage for a month, then sat in my garage for about a week, sorry little dresser, but NOW it sits proudly in my kitchen!

Jason and I went to Home Depot to pick out a color and some new hardware.  I will not hold back on admitting that our color choice was directly inspired by my nail polish.  That's right. 

So it was pretty rainy when we wanted to paint and our nights just kept getting filled up.  I thought for sure the shelf would live in the garage for another week, maybe more.  I was busy with Maggie's Shower and went home to Wisconsin to get ready for it.  And when I got back home and trudged my tired body up the steps (I have a love hate relationship with those steps)…..the first thing I see is……..our awesome, spectacular, super cute, newly painted shelf!! 

Now in case you're wondering, the shelf didn't pull a Beauty and The Beast and come alive and paint itself!  No, Jason did it while I was gone!  What a sweet guy, surprising me like that.  I just love him.

I just love how it turned out.  Don't mind my messy food stash....when you have no kitchen cupboards this is what happens!

 Here's one last look at the before and after.  Ahhh.....such improvement!




3 comments:

  1. Wow Jeana! This looks wonderful! I just did a similar restoration project on some side tables. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jael! I just love doing stuff like this! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that color! And you guys :) My favorite part about this post was the first paragraph though. I read it out loud to Alex and he said "he's just training for scuba"

    ReplyDelete