Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fruity Pancake Puff | I hate packing!


Ahhhh....that's a huge sigh that's mixed with tiredness and relief and the unspoken notion that if I have to pack then half unpack/live out of bags....then re-pack, then arrive home and unpack again.....if I ever have to go through that process again I think I'll scream.  The reality is I'm going to have to do just that again real soon when we go home to St. Louis....but it's so totally worth it and I'm incredibly excited to see all the Marshalls.  I'm just glad I at least get one pack/unpack free weekend!

So that being said this past weekend we were in Wisconsin for my cousin Maggie's wedding.  It was such a fun filled weekend and it was such a blessing to be a part of the wedding.  Watching one of my best friends get married was such a joy!  Pictures will be coming soon.  I will even be posting a video.  You should be excited for it.  It's the creation of my cousins, my sister, and my husband and it is pretty fabulous.  We showed it at the reception as a surprise for Mags.

So while I get pictures and said video ready to post, I thought I'd fill in the gap with this amazing breakfast creation.  It's a pancake puff filled with fruit and an orange drizzle.  So yummy.  While we were up north I made this for the crew one morning.  It went over well and just looked so pretty. 







 
 





Fruit Filled Pancake Puff (recipe found in Simple & Delicious magazine)

The pancake
2 T butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
2 T sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

Place butter in a 9 in. pie plate.  Place in a 425 degree oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted.  Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk.  In another bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt.  Whisk into egg mixture until blended.  Pour into prepared pie plate.  Bake for 14-16 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown. 

Topping
1/3 cup sugar
1 T cornstarch
1/2 cup orange juice
strawberries and bananas sliced (or substitute any fruit you like!)

In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.  Gradually stir in orange juice; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.  Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.  Remove from heat.  Spoon fruit over pancake and drizzle with sauce.  Dust with powdered sugar.  


No comments:

Post a Comment